Σάββατο 17 Νοεμβρίου 2007

Ροές Κραυγές Ρωγμές Ψίθυροι Tom Waits



Kentucky Avenue

Eddie Grace's buick got 4 bullet holes in the side
Charlie Delisle sittin at the top of an avocado tree
Mrs Storm ll stab you with a steak knife if you step on her lawn
I got a half pack of lucky strikes man come along with me
Lets fill our pockets with macadamia nuts
then go over to Bobby Goodmansons and jump off the roof
Hilda plays strip poker and her mamas across the street
Joey Navinski says she put her tongue in his mouth
Dicky Faulkners got a switchblade and some gooseneck risers
That eucalyptus is a hunchback, theres a wind up from the south

Let me tie you up with kite string and i'll show you the scabs on my knee
watch out for the broken glass, put your shoes and socks on and come along with me
Lets follow that fire track i think your house is burnin down
the go down to the hobo jungle and kill some rattlesnakes with a trowel
We'll break all the windows in the old anderson place
and steal a bunch of boysenberrys and smear em on our face
I'll get a dollar from my mamas purse and buy that scull and crossbones ring
and you can wear it around your neck on an old piece of string
then we'll spit on Ronnie Arnold and flip him the bird
and slash the tires on the school bus now don't say a word

I'll take a rusty nail and scratch your initials on my arm
and i'll show you how to sneak up on the roof of the drugstore
Take the spongs from your wheelchair and a magpies wings
and tie em to your shoulders and your feet
I'll steal a hacksaw from my dad and cut the braces off your legs
and we'll bury them tonight in the cornfield
Put a church keey in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall
and we'll slide down the drain all the way to new orleans in the fall
.....................................................................................




Blue Valentines

She sends me blue valentines all the way from Philadelphia
To mark the anniversary Of someone that I used to be
And it feels just like theres a warrant out for my arrest
Got me checkin in my rearview mirror and I'm always on the run
Thats why I changed my name and I didn't think you'd ever find me here

...to send me blue valentines like half forgotten dreams
Like a pebble in my shoe as I walk these streets
And the ghost of your memory ai the thistle in the kiss
And the burgler that can break a roses neck
It's the tatooed broken promise that I hide beneath my sleeve
And I see you every time I turn my back

She sends me blue valentines though I try to remain at large
They're insisting that our love must have a eulogy
Why do I save all of this madness in the nightstand drawer
There to haunt upon my shoulders
Baby I know, I'd be luckier to walk around everywhere I go
With a blind and broken heart that sleeps beneath my lapel

She sends me my blue valentines To remind me of my cardinal sin
I can never wash the guilt or get these bloodstains off my hands
And it takes a lot of whiskey to take this nightmares go away
And I cut my bleedin heart out every night
and I die a little more on each St. Valentines day
Remember that I promised I would write you...
These blue valentines
blue valentines
blue valentines
....................................................................................




Somewhere

There's a place for us, somewhere a place for us.
Peace and quiet and open air wait for us, somewhere.
There's a time for us, some day a time for us,
Time together with time spare, time to learn, time to care.
Someday, somewhere,
We'll find a new way of living,
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere
There's a place for us, a time and place for us.
Hold my hand and we're halfway there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow, some day, somewhere.
.....................................................................................




Ruby's arms

I will leave behind all of my clothes I wore when i was with you,
all I need's my railroad boots and my leather jacket,
As i say goodbye to ruby's arms although my heart is breaking,
i will steal away out through your blinds, for soon you will be waking.

The morning light has washed your face and everything is turning blue now,
hold on to your pillow case there's nothing i can do now.
As i say goodbye to ruby's arms, you'll find another soldier,
and i swear to god by christmas time there 'll be someone else to hold you.

The only thing i'm taking is the scarf off of your clothesline,
I'll hurry past your chest of drawers and your broken window chimes,
as i say goodbye i'll say goodbye, say goodbye to ruby's arms.

I'll feel my way down the darken hall and out into the morning,
the hobos at the freightyards have kept their fires burning,
So jesus christ this goddamn rain, will someone put me on a train?
I'll never kiss your lips again or break your heart,
as i say goodbye i'll say goodbye, say goodbye to Ruby's arms.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: